Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm Going to Dive Right In

In celebration of “Victorious Woman Month,” I’d like to acknowledge all of you who take the opportunity to face your fears head on, who look at the world and say, “I’m just going to do this. I’m going to dive right in.”

One of the reasons I initially took the IMPACT course was because I refused to live in fear for the rest of my life. As an IMPACT grad, I am no longer paralyzed by the thought of what might happen; I know if something did happen, I could handle it.

I learned more than self-defense skills in the class. I witnessed how courage, wisdom, and power are revealed in times of great challenge. Like they say, “Adversity doesn’t build character, it reveals it.” And what is revealed in an IMPACT class is inspiring.

I’ve had the honor of volunteering and participating in many IMPACT courses over the years and every time I learn something new. I see the esprit de corps, the supporters in awe, and the participants beaming with pride in recognition of what they have accomplished in just a few days – the course is truly life-changing for so many.

If you had an amazing experience with IMPACT too, please share your story with us and with as many women and girls who will listen. It is through our graduates that most people find out about the courses we offer.

Thanks for spreading the word. Here’s to more victorious women in the world!

D.H., IMPACT graduate 1988


No comments:

Post a Comment