Some of the results found in "The Facts Behind the #MeToo Movement:"
- 81% of women and 43% of men have experienced sexual harassment and/or assault.
- 77% of women and 34% of men have experienced verbal harassment.
- 51% of women and 17% of men reported being touched or groped without their consent.
- 27% of women and 7% of men experienced sexual assault.
- Sexual harassment most often took place in a public space and was committed by strangers.
- Sexual assault most often took place in a private residence and was committed by someone known by the person assaulted.
- Women with disabilities and women who identify as lesbian and bisexual were more likely to experience sexual assault than other women.
- Men in socially marginalized groups were more likely to experience sexual harassment and assault than other men.
Some things you can do:
- Encourage someone to take an Empowerment Self-Defense program like the IMPACT Chicago Core Program
- Participate in the April 2018 Sexual Assault Awareness Month "Embrace Your Voice" Campaign
- Participate in International Anti-Street Harassment Week, April 8-14.