Monday, October 3, 2011

These are Life Skills


By Bree S.
 
Although my motivation in taking this class came from the opportunity to work with The Girls Fight Back organization, it is something I've always wanted to do. Saturday morning I realized that whether or not this course results in my partnership with GFB or not, I was absolutely meant to take this class. I now know it is a necessity for me to be the best "me" I can be. I never in a million years would've expected it to be so intense, informational, useful and empowering. I truly feel like I've reached a milestone in my life without intending to do so. 

I left class today full of energy and excitement to spread the word to my friends and family about this amazing organization and how I've found my new "team." In fact, the first conversation I had proceeding class was with my mother; I told her if I have anything to do with it, her and my sister will be in the next IMPACT CORE Program class.   I truly feel these are life skills that should be required by every female. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to take this class. The emotional and physical journey I took this weekend is indescribable and something I will always be grateful for. It was so inspiring to see my sisters gain strength and confidence they probably never knew they had, and to find a voice I've often struggled to express in day to day situations, let alone feeling completely confident knowing I have the skills that can save my life if I ever have to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment