Monday, December 10, 2012

A Can of Asshole-Away




Aga Kunska
 


Back in the late 90's I took IMPACT, and several years later, while in grad school, I used the verbal techniques to stop a verbal attack from escalating into a physical one.  I called Martha then and let her know.  Today, I used the same techniques to get rid of a man in the post office parking lot who blocked my car with his while trying to force literature on me and making inappropriate comments about my vote, all assumed of course, I had never spoken with him.  Worked like a charm.  I am delighted to tell you that it was like having a can of psychic Asshole-Away.  Even in broad daylight, I was delighted to have this great tool to use.  Knowing the language and the right attitude meant that while he was mostly harmless, but still inappropriate, he didn't have the power to intimidate me.  And, while he still tried the same thing once after I told him to go away, I saw his face change after I did that, it registered that he wasn't having the effect he wanted to have.  Thank you for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment