Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to the future: Former IMPACT Instructor Cheers on his Daughter at her Graduation


Former suited instructor Marcus Martin returned to IMPACT on June 30, 2013 to cheer on his daughter, Arielle, as she completed the Core program! Marcus was an IMPACT instructor in the 1990s. His faith in IMPACT’s training has remained strong and he was thrilled to once again see the fighting spirit of the women on the mat. In the 1990s, Marcus said about IMPACT:

“When I think about the importance of training women and children to be safe in a potentially unsafe world, I’m reminded of the story of David … [he] utilized the resources he had available (confidence, support, and inner strength) to deliver a knock out blow to Goliath.”

After Arielle completed the Core Program, Marcus said: “It’s great to see and know that IMPACT is still empowering, training, and making a difference in the lives of our mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, friends, neighbors - WOMEN! I'm thankful and happy that IMPACT is still in operation and available for someone important in my life - my daughter!”

Arielle says: “I feel empowered. I found my own strength as a woman and I’ve learned how to fight like a woman. I am now more confident.”

No comments:

Post a Comment