Monday, June 20, 2011

Why I signed up for IMPACT: Part 2


"On day two of the IMPACT Core Program, I’m surprised at just how much I don’t want to be there. Everything in my body is screaming to go back home. All that was cycling through my head is how much “I don’t want to fight anybody anymore.” I feel like I’ve been fighting off people my whole life, and now this group of random women is asking me to purposely put myself in somewhat violent situations, all, day, long. Not my idea of a good time. But on some level the resistance is instructive..."
In part two of her IMPACT story, Alex talks about her time at IMPACT and what she learned about herself. To read more, visit her blog, South Side Scholar "On Taking a Women's Self-Defense Class, part 2"

Do you have an IMPACT story to share? E-mail us!

No comments:

Post a Comment