Monday, August 13, 2012

More Than a Self-Defense Course


Danuta K July 2012

I am so grateful for taking the [IMPACT Chicago Core Program]. This was one of the best choices I have ever made. It surpassed all of my expectations. The staff was so very well trained in the technique and at the same time so very insightful, caring, and supportive, encouraging and committed to what they do and making the world a better place one group of women at a time. Being with [the lead instructor] and the other women in a group felt like being part of a huge supportive family. I saw the big commitment that the suited instructors were making – thank you. I attend a domestic violence support group for women and I will recommend it to every woman in that group.

This was an exceptional experience to stand up for myself, say NO!, use everything that I have to fight for myself and for what I believe in. It gave me self-confidence, more insight into who I am, showed me how to set boundaries, connected me spiritually with all the other women in the group and gave me courage, a sense of belonging and empowerment.

I feel so grateful to all of you - Thank you. This was much more than a self-defense course for me. It was getting back in touch with who I really am and a step forward in my life. I will never forget it.




No comments:

Post a Comment